Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Shout Out to My Man


Happy 33rd birthday to my fabulous husband. We had a great day, even though it was Sunday. Ben and I made a delicious crepe breakfast (Ryan prefers his crepes with bananas, peanut butter, syrup, and whipped cream) complete with Uncle Scott smoothies. Then I had my customary meetings and then it was time for church. After church Ryan got a great nap and then we had chicken enchiladas and beans for dinner (Ryan's favorite). We then had an exciting present opening (everything is exciting with two little boys in the house). For dessert it was a delicious toll house layer cake--oh so yummy. Here are just a few amazing things about Ryan:


1. He's a great Dad. I don't think I realized until the last year just how many not great dads there are out there. He's one of the best.

2. He's a great husband. Ditto on the last one. Ryan has serious husband skills.

3. He is patient with my shortcomings.

4. He can get wild and crazy with his boys--and they love it (until they get hurt and come crying to me--what can you say?)

5. He loves his parents--and a great big shout out to Glenn and Kathy for raising a fantastic son.

6. He honors his Priesthood.

7. He's expanded my food horizons--I used to be the pickiest eater on the planet (no, really. There was a solid year of my life where I think I subsisted on Fruit Loops, frozen fish sticks, and peas). Now I love to try out new food.

8. He works hard to support his family.

9. He introduced me to the joys of a great beach vacation.

10. He is still fun to date.

11. He has a desire to do the right things.

12. He supports me in my crazy whims wholeheartedly.

13. He compliments me.

14. He loves to read--though it does drive me crazy when he downloads books on his Blackberry and reads them--how can you read a novel on a PDA?

15. He knows a little bit about a lot of stuff (occasionally useless, but often very useful)
16. He likes to dress nice--no leaving the house in holey sweats and ripped T-shirts.

17. He is silly--most of you will not believe this, but you just don't know Ryan well enough yet.
Happy 33rd! Here's to the next great 66 birthdays.

5 comments:

candy's clothes closet said...

Wow Ryan your old. I thought you were younger than me. What a nice wife to recognize so many nice qualities in her man. Ryan is a good guy. Happy Birthday!! Can you believe that Joel Sommer turned 40 this weekend? Talk about old. PS. Any RS ideas are most welcome. Love you guys!

McDonald's Funny Farm said...

Oh, my, 33 already? I remember when you were born! You are truly a great man and a fantastic husband, father, son and nephew. I love you dearly! and really love those two cute boys and that wonderful wife of your!

Love you,
Aunt Janette

Family of Strength said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! We had no idea. How can you sneak a birthday past someone like me??? I LOVE birthdays!!! Anyways, sounds like it was a great one.
Rachel

kimberlee shaffer said...

Happy Birthday RYAN!! That was fun to read thanks for sharing Steph. WE think you both are s wonderful!

Jamie K said...

Oh Steph! I'm so glad that you married my cousin, and I wish I lived closer to you guys. We'll have to stop swappping places and at least end up in the same time zone.

Love and miss you bunches!

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map