Sunday, January 25, 2009

Haunting me

Some of you may remember a few months ago I shared one of my less-than-glorious parenting moments. Something involving Cheetos and a toilet bowl? (If you missed it, you can view it here .)

Well, yesterday, Ben and I were on a solo trip to the grocery store when Ben spied a big bag of Cheetos. "Mom, we need some of those."

I wasn't really paying much attention, and I said, "Go ahead and grab a bag."

He picked up the bag and as he placed it in the cart he continued, "Because you flushed the last ones down the toilet."

Right. I was sort of hoping he'd forgetten that one. Nope.

3 comments:

The Blomquist Bunch said...

I like your new blog background---nice one, Steph! And hey, ben maybe didn't forget about the Cheetohs incident (because, I mean, really---will ANY of us really ever forget it?!) BUT he obviously has done the forgiving part---he even gave you a way to make restitution. Quite a kid you got there! :)

Heather said...

When your kids are older you guys will have a fun "crazy mom" story you can laugh at. If that's the worst thing they have to tease you about, I would say you are doing really well. You are a great mom and homemaker!! Thanks for sharing your short comings here on your blog so the rest of us can not feel so bad about our own. ;)

amydear said...

Oh yes, children love to remind you of your worst moments. That's what keeps me humble. And, since you brought it up, your line about licking the toilet bowl is CLASSIC. I don't think I could have come up with that one. You are a great mother, so don't sweat it!

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map