Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fell out

Everyone needs a good poop story now and then to brighten their day, so here's a good one.

Ben has finally made the commitment to be 100% potty trained. I still have him in pull ups at night because of that 3% chance of moisture that I don't want to deal with at 2 a.m. But he is also a holder and a dancer. He will dance, dance, dance until the last possible second.

So, the other day, he finally ran to the bathroom. I hear the tinkling sound. Then I hear a very disturbed Ben voice, "Ummmm. . . Mom?"
"What, buddy?"
"Some poop just fell out of my bum."
That deserved a quick check. Sure enough, he was in standing position, and there was a nice big chunk on the ground behind him. He looked pretty worried. I guess he still doesn't entirely have his signals down as to which end it's going to come out. That's one advantage to having girls. You're always sitting. We got a good laugh out of that one.

5 comments:

Jen said...

That is just too funny! He is going to hate you later in life for postig this. One day when he is a Dad, he'll see the humor in it.

The Blomquist Bunch said...

I just have to compliment you on your recent poop publication---Ben sure has given you some good stories to tell :) Here's our latest Lizzie one: last night when she went into the bathroom and sat on the LIDDED toilet and let loose . . . Scott just kept saying "HOW?!" as he swabbed the decks and lizzie kept saying "this part was down for some reason..."
Ah, the good times. She has been totally out of diapers for three weeks, though. At least we took that leap finally . . .

kimberlee shaffer said...

HA HA HA HA!!! that is so funny!! SO is this what I have to look forward to?

Melanie said...

We will never have the girl advantage in that situation - but at least we don't have to strip them down to sit on the disgusting public potties. Standing does have it's advantages - except if they can't aim - which my boys are having a problem with on a regular basis! Oh I guess it all evens out in the end!

Meg said...

Okay here's a good laugh for you, as the mother of four girls I am sitting here trying to figure out why the poop didn't just fall in the toilet until you mention the standing thing, didn't even cross my mind that he was standing at the toilet until you said it! Hahahaha! Oh man, definitely a benefit of having girls!!!

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map