Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Good Man


I just had a take a minute to say what a great husband I have. He has faithfully taken me on a date nearly every week for the last six months, thus saving me from sure insanity. I'm not sure this has made him popular in the eyes of other men we know. When we are with others and I proclaim Ryan's awesomeness in this particular field, the husband will often look stricken and the wife will glance pointedly at her husband with an, "and why do you not do this?" in her expression.

So, husbands, I apologize for putting you in the doghouse with your wives. But if you haven't, maybe you should try taking your wife out on a date once in a while. It will earn you some major brownie points. And if you're already amazing and dating your wife, kudos to you! Tell her she ought to write a post proclaiming your greatness.

6 comments:

Knudson Family said...

I'm going to make John read this...:)

Unknown said...

Stephanie we used to be good, but I have gotten lazy getting sitters so our occasional 'dates' are NOT dates... they are family nights as you saw that evening at Cafe Rio a few months back. I know we could do it... it just requires advance planning and a desire. Both of which I lack right now. Thanks for reminding me of what I need to make an effort to do. Jeff would be all for it.. it's more me that doesn't do it.

The Blomquist Bunch said...

we're not there, but it's not scott's fault. will let you know when i am willing to have a teenager roam my house freely :) glad you guys get out and have some time together!

amydear said...

You guys are so cute! And I came across a comment from Talia on someone else's blog. It's a small, small world. You look great, btw, and I love this pic of you two.

Jamie K said...

I am biased, but I agree that you definitely married a good man. Of course, he married a good (amazing, wonderful, talented, and fun) woman, so I guess it evens itself out. :)
Love and miss you guys!

Sarah said...

Steph, thanks for the inspiration. I may just blog one of these days how fabulous my own husband is - a shout out to Steve is long over-due. Oh, and I also loved the story of "the amazing refrigerator." Your boys are funny!

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map