Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ben-ism of the day

Ben was tired frustrated, and ready for the end of his day as I put him in the bath tonight. He had a pouty face and was telling me for the 100th time today that he had boogers. He began recounting how frustrated he is when he gets water in his eyes in the bath--recall that he was not yet in the bath, just thinking about it. He was so tired that he started to actually cry as he was telling me about the thought of it. "I get water in my eyes and then I can't see and I get so frustrated," he cried.

In an attempt to stop the downhill nature of the conversation, and the evening in general, I commented, "Mommies sometimes get frustrated, too."

"I know," he replied with understanding, "like on Sundays when Todd and me ask to play computer or playstation. You get frustrated then."

True. And by the time he had proclaimed this three-year-old understanding of the world, the tears were over.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

That's funny, when Ben was at my house he kept telling me he had boogers and I'd give him a tissue and ask him to wipe his nose, but he'd want me to do it and then I'd turn around and he'd say, "I have boogers again." Funny :)

candy's clothes closet said...

Oh to have boogers be the main frustration of the day. I don't want to go back though. The hard thing sometimes as a mom is sympathizing w/them and understanding that to them these are the huge problems of the world.

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map