Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Empire Birthday

We had so much family in town for Todd's actual birthday that we shared the festivities with family this year rather than having a "friend party" (though Todd is sure this is still up for debate in the week ahead). It was delightful to share games and laughter with family. I really missed having the big family gatherings when we lived so far from everyone. It was so much fun to have a big ole' party here at our home.
Todd chose the theme of Empires, since he loves all things history and the computer game Age of Empires. We had a chariot race, park bench jousting, castle rocket siege, and pinata bludgeoning. We are firm believers in non-violent party games. Hah. There were no blood injuries and no tears.
Aubrey taking a swipe at the pinata

Kyle jousts the cones

Todd uses his every-improving baseball skills to swing at the pinata

Filipe takes aim with the help of his dad



Ben leads off the chariot race with his trusty steed




The doorway was the actual target for the castle siege.
Lizzie felt perfectly confident that if she sat here, she was safe.


Grammy takes aim with the rocket. She's a feisty one.


The "senior" team, with super Lizzie and Aubs


I think these guys won, but I don't actually remember.

Uncle Scott really got into the chariot race

4 comments:

Knudson Family said...

I loooove the jousting! That would be so fun to do!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

BEST PARTY EVER!!! We had so much fun and your party games were totally awesome. Chariot racing, though---that was quite a sight watching all the grown men run with a box around their waists! Great idea, Todd! :)

chris~julie~xander~matthew said...

What a fun party! Great ideas. You and Todd are so creative. It looks like it was a blast. Sorry we couldn't be there. Love you guys!

amydear said...

Great party theme, I may just have to borrow that one for next year. I miss you!

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map