A few weeks ago, Benny proudly pronounced the word, "three" instead of his usual, "flea." It brought a little tear to my eye to think that he's growing up. I'm not sure I'm ready.
But enough of me bemoaning my fate. On to the real reason for this post: all the great things about Benny.
- Those blue eyes are a killer. It really is hard to be mad at the little guy--he melts me. Someday he'll be a heartbreaker.
- Benny is hilarious--so very silly. It is hard to stay sad or mad when he is around.
- Benny is smart as a whip. He picks up on so many of the things that we do in school every day and then just whips out his knowledge. The other day he counted "1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11." When I told him that was amazing he just looked at me and said, "I just skipped every other number." Good enough.
- Benny is very clever. I just remembered this story last night. When my dad was here for Todd's baptism, I was in a rush and I asked Grandpa to help get Benny dressed. He came out all spiffed up. . . wearing his Christmas tie and a devious grin. Now, he had been trying to wear this tie since I got it on clearance in February. I kept telling him we would save it for next Christmas so he had finally given up. But he saw in Grandpa an easy target and pounced. Grandpa said he could wear whatever tie he wanted, and the look in his eye when he saw me said, "You want to tell Grandpa he was wrong?" Clever, clever little man.
- Benny is definitely my cautious child. He likes Todd to try the waters first, and then he might venture in, but only to the shallow end. He likes to play it safe. I wonder how long that will last.
- Benny likes vegetables and fruits, but will not be forced to eat anything he isn't interested in. WILL NOT BE FORCED.
- Benny still loves his blankie (made by Grammy) and carries it with him wherever I will let him. He has learned that he doesn't want to take it to public places for fear of losing it.
- Ben wants to be just like Todd. He doesn't particularly like big preschool legos, because Todd plays with the real ones. He doesn't like baby shows on TV, because he likes what Todd likes. He doesn't like preschool computer games, he likes what Todd and Daddy like. It is actually a little tricky with the second child to really find out what he likes, not what he likes as a reflection of his older brother.
- Ben is a snuggly guy. He loves to be held and carried around--he has yet to be kicked out of the baby position by another sibling, so he's taking full advantage. He loves to crawl up in my lap and snuggle. He loves to be held anytime I'm willing (but he is getting really big, so that's presenting a challenge).
Benjamin is a miracle and a blessing in our lives. We are so grateful he was sent to our family. Happy Birthday, Ben!
Shy Ben wasn't sure about everyone singing to him and watching him blow out his candles!

4 comments:
What a sweet boy he is! Yesterday Lauren told me that when she grows up, she's going to marry Daddy. I told her that he was taken and she'd have to choose someone who wasn't married yet. She thought for a while and then declared, "Well, then I'll marry Ben."
4! How fun!!!
Ben really is a doll! I love those boys of yours Steph!
I can't believe I haven't met him yet. He is so cute and he's lucky to be in such a great family. And I remember one person I know who would only eat fish sticks and froot loops (or something like that) when SHE was about Ben's age. So I've heard.
Post a Comment