Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bobcat in the House


It took a few months, but we were finally in town and actually at a pack meeting (no baseball game) so Todd could get his Bobcat badge. I just love this picture of Todd pinning his Bobcat pin on my shirt. He is growing up and finding his place in this crazy world. It feels a bit surreal at times to think about the journey of motherhood and how much it ebbs and flows.

The other day a younger mom asked me a question about how I had gotten my children to sleep well when they were young. I thought about it for a minute and realized that those details of Todd's babyhood are getting a bit fuzzy around the edges. At the time it felt like my life would forever revolve around sleep, food, and baby scheduling. And now suddenly we're in a different chapter. While I sometimes mourn those past days, I try to just look at how exciting these days ahead are with my boys exploring the world around and becoming the men they will be. What a joy this plan of happiness is that was created for us. The journey is such a blessing.

3 comments:

Family of Strength said...

What a proud moment. Stephanie, that is a very cool picture.

amydear said...

Yeah, just when I forget everything about having a baby, I decide to have another one. I think that when that last baby is a big kid, I'll be sad. And then I'll turn into my mother. She acts like she knows nothing about raising kids -- even though she had 5!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

great job, todd!! (and great job too on staying in the state for consecutive weeks, steph and ryan :)

you are an amazing mom, steph. so glad we get to do this journey together with our cute kids.

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map