


My how time flies. My first baby is now 9! It's been a year since he was baptized. I can't believe how fast this life travels by.
It's a mystery to me as a parent how to unravel our kids. I know I spend hours praying for this one, hoping for him, dreaming for him, wondering with him. As our oldest, he has the weight of my evolving expectation and worry on his little shoulders. He does a great job with that burden.
Todd is clever and insightful. He has a quiet and witty sense of humor (he's his dad in so many ways) that some people never get to see.
He is an absolutely amazing and caring big brother. Sometimes I see only the teasing (he's so like his dad), but when I step back, I am amazed at the concern he has for Benny. Todd wanted a younger sibling so badly and was so thrilled when Ben finally arrived. Now they spend their days together learning and playing and I'm so grateful they like each other. Todd is generous and kind, willing to share Legos, and (usually) insisting that Ben be included in the play when his friends come over.
A few months ago, Todd lamented, "I don't even know what my talents are." He's a deep thinker and trying to figure out where he belongs in this world. I told him he definitely has a talent for singing, but he told me, "that's a girly talent." We're working on it. He doesn't necessarily have a talent for the meticulous details of art, but he has a very creative artistic voice and can portray motion and emotion in a fun way.
He is a great impersonator and an engaging narrator (though not so much in public as here at home).
His reading skills have finally blossomed this year and he's finding enjoyment in the new worlds reading has to offer. He is still a student of history and would study solely that if given the chance.
Todd fits the boy mold perfectly. He loves bodily functions and can find humor in any of them. Any time. Any place. We're working on that. . .
What a blessing to have this growing boy in our family.

4 comments:
Happy Birthday T!
You have got a heart breaker there Stephanie. That's all I have to say about that!!!! :)
He's an awesome cousin buddy, too! And he is a great big sweetheart to baby Emms--I loved how he welcomed her goodnight hugs and always tried to help keep an eye on her. We are so very thankful for your Todd and his honorary brother status to Ky---what a great blessing (and not just because of all the extended babysitting you do :) You are also an amazing mom who makes me have happy tears whenever I read your tributes to your family members. Love you sister. (And please cash in on your amazing writing skills, too, ok? We could really enjoy knowing a famous author . . . and maybe a 2nd home beach house? :)
What great faces. Can't believe our kids are 9. Wow.
Post a Comment