Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our Little Stingray

One of Todd's adventures of the summer has been participating in swim team for the city. We have LOVED it! He comes home hungry, physically tired, well-exercised, and happy. I have been very impressed with the high school/college-aged kids who run the program and do a marvelous job. Todd's swimming skills have improved by leaps and bounds. It has been something of a struggle to find something that has really clicked as far as Todd and sports. I feel so grateful to see him confident in his emerging talent. This team is just the right mix of preparation and competition for our boy who does not thrive under scrutiny. They have seven weeks of daily practice M-F and two meets. So it's been more about honing skills than about rigorous competition or focusing on time trials. Perfect for our emerging fish.
He looks like a pro! (I am admittedly a little biased)
Love that orange. This next series was a fun one Ryan captured during Todd's breaststroke--




Go Stingrays!

2 comments:

The Blomquist Bunch said...

That is so cool---he does look super pro! Go Stingrays! and kudos to you for being such a supportive mama, Steph, and helpin' him develop so many talents. Nice photos, once again, too. Priceless goodness.

amydear said...

He looks like a pro! Hope he makes you a million bucks. Just kidding. I'm trying to get Jillian into swimming, but no luck yet. Sigh.

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map