Sunday, September 26, 2010

In defense of the burger

So, we have changed our diet around the McMillan house lately, meaning we have made a dramatic reduction in the amount of meat we consume and a dramatic increase in all plant-based products. This hasn't made me extremely popular in the eyes of my little carnivorous beasts.

So, the other day I was frying up some veggie-bean burgers (which are delicious, if you want the recipe). Todd was bemoaning his lot in veggie-life, quite vociferously I may add. He had commented on their taste, their smell, their general appearance. He paused for a moment and then looked up, "Mom," he said, "it's like taking the name of a burger in vain."

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.

3 comments:

The Blomquist Bunch said...

I hope you're making a book of Toddisms. So awesome.

Jen said...

That's cute. I want the recipe for those burgers.

E-mail me. YUM!!

amydear said...

Recipe please. I remember your lentil burgers of years ago. I would probably love them now. I've pretty much given up on eating beef. Just a bite here and there.

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map