Sunday, December 19, 2010

Head-on Collision

Todd and Ben made up a new game about a month ago called Tarock. It is a strange combination of football, soccer, and rugby played indoors on one's knees with a beanbag. Todd has a select group of friends with whom he will play this highly specialized "sport." These are friends who listen well, follow instructions, and allow him to change the rules (I'm not sure I would be allowed to play).

Well, a few weeks ago at the annual Jones Gingerbread House decorating party, in between the delicious soup buffet and the decorating, the kids went upstairs for a quick game of Tarock. Todd came down about 20 minutes later in tears. After about 20 minutes sobbing on the couch with the ice pack,
This was the result. I'm a little disappointed that in our cool city of Vegas, there was not a Star Trek convention going on that weekend. He could have dressed up as a Klingon or perhaps a Ferengi:
This was Sam, the other half of that fateful collision. The story finally came out. Apparently, Same and Todd were actually on the same team, running some sort of "tricky play" which involved facing each other on the snap. They collided head on in mid-air.
Either Sam has a harder head or the main force of the blow landed on Todd's head. Not sure which. Either way, about three weeks later, Todd still has a visible lump on his head and a hard protrusion. Thinking perhaps he chipped off a piece of skull? Good mother that I am (recall the shoe sizing problem I had a while back) I'm thinking perhaps I should take him to the doctor?

There have been no games of Tarock since the incident.



No comments:

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map