I'm simply going to say that I hate pork. Before tonight, it was only a mild revulsion. As we've changed our diet and moved away from carnivorosity (can I invent that word?--I like it) pork has been the first thing to sort of become mildly repulsive. I still like a great piece of red meat twice a year and occasionally some beautifully crafted chicken or fish. But pork has fallen from grace.
Fast forward to today. Girls camp fundraiser. Cafe Rio style. Through a series of unfortunate events, I ended up with six crock pots of pork stewing in my house all day. They were even upstairs so as not to overtax the breakers downstairs. So, by 4:00 in the afternoon, when you opened the garage door you were greeted by essence of pork. I was a bit nauseous.
That, however, is not the end of the story. 5:00. Pork transport to the church. Crock pot overturns.
In
My
Van.
I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that at least a half gallon of pork juice is now saturating my interior carpeting. My van reeks of pork. It is sticky, nasty, smelly. I'm fairly sure that I even swore (and I don't swear). But I didn't swear in front of the girls, so that's something. I don't really have any tears left to cry this week, and I really don't need to cry over a van. But I do have to say that
I HATE PORK!
It might be safe to say that I will never eat it again.

2 comments:
That's like if I had to have fish cooking in every room of my house--blech! AND THEN have it embedded into the closed-in space of my car. Oh, sister--what a hilariously awful post! Bless you for being so willing to serve! There must be a military medallion for this level of devotion :)
This sounds like an absolute disaster. I am sorry that pork did this to you! I hope you don't have to replace the carpet in the van! I wish I could have helped you clean up!
Post a Comment