Monday, January 28, 2008

Blog Fodder

I think perhaps my children exist solely to provide me with blog fodder. Todd's life is a thoroughly entertaining thing.

He came home from school on Friday and was quick to admit, "Mom, I got a minus today." (His teacher gives a check, plus, or minus in three categories daily. Todd loves to get it off his chest right away rather than have me find out later.)

"Really?" I said, "what happened?"

"Well," he began, complete with emphatic hand gestures, "Jenna got a piece of paper out, she wrote her name on the top, then she drew a big heart in the middle and wrote T-O-D-D in it."

Said while trying not to laugh, "So why did you get a minus?"

"Because I took it from her and would not give it back."

So I replied the only way a good mother of boys could, "I'm OK with that minus. Not a problem."

Later, I asked him, "Were you embarassed that she did that or were you mad?"

To which Todd replied, "I just did not like it."

The next 12 years are going to be interesting.

2 comments:

kimberlee shaffer said...

that is hilarious!!! Keep the stories coming, I love them! Welcome to blog world by the way. . .

Gramatana said...

You really ought to write a book. The way you tell everyday stories about your family is great. This sounds so like what Todd would do. It will be interesting as he grows up what you will encounter. Life is good!!

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map