Sunday, July 27, 2008

Boys vs. Girls

Ben is very particular about the use of adjectives, especially pertaining to feminine and masculine. There are certain things that are specifically for boys and certain words for girls.

Anyway, Ben and I made a birthday breakfast for Ryan this morning while Ryan and Todd were still sleeping. Ben set the table all by himself, carefully placing appropriate colored plates at each place. He put himself next to me and put Ryan and Todd together on the other side. When we sat down, he very pointedly explained that he was sitting next to me (it is something of an ongoing battle). In response to Ben's careful explanation, Ryan said, "Ben, is mom cool?"

Ben very adamantly answered, "No." Well, OK, I guess, I'm not cool.

But then he thought for a moment and said, "She's cute."

Good boy, Benny.

2 comments:

Knudson Family said...

Ben is quite the kid...the ego slammer gave me a chuckle too. What fun memories!

candy's clothes closet said...

Macie and Ben sound like they would get along terrific.

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map