So, I had to make a quick trip to the Urgent Care last evening to check into the matter of a fractured nose (more on that later). Ryan had appointments scheduled at church, so I took the little cherubs with me. They were fantastic. They waited patiently in the waiting room (while I did deep breathing exercises as I considered the germs breeding there), they were fascinated by the x-ray of my face, and entertained by the model of the progressive worsening of the arteries of the heart.
We went to In-N-Out Burger to celebrate such good behavior.
So, anyway, as we drove home I said, "Thank you so much for being so great at the doctor's office and again at dinner."
Todd got a serious look on his face and proceeded to explain, "Yeah. Jared said that when you turn eight, you just aren't as wild anymore. So I guess that's what's happening." (Note that this bit of Jared wisdom is from his friend who turned eight two weeks ago).
"Really," I replied, trying to keep a straight face, "but you're not eight quite yet."
"But I'm close. So I must be getting less wild a little early."

6 comments:
I would love to watch your boys, anytime the need arises, day or night, please call. :)
Girl is ur nose ok? I can't believe it! Ur getting ready to have a baptism for your oldest. Todd sounds like he's very mature for almost 8. lol
Steph, I'm ready for Lauren (my adorable terrible two-year old) to be 8! Only six more years.
How wise. I should pass this on to Hayden in a couple of years. Jillian is definitely not wild, but she is kind of wiley. : ) And what happened to your nose??
Ok. I really can't stop laughing as I picture this conversation between you and Todd. That kid is so funny.
You have got a great kid if he is able to be good in the urgent care.
Post a Comment