Sunday, March 8, 2009

Leadership?

I recalled a funny story tonight and thought I'd share.

A few weeks ago, I had assigned Todd and Ben to clean up the car, as it is their nastiness that accumulates on the back seat, not mine. They were supposed to clear out all the trash, bring any books or toys inside, and straighten things up in general. I added that I would pay them for vacuuming if they so desired.

When I went back out to check on them a few minutes later, Todd was half-heartedly picking things up, and Ben was lying in the back window ledge, doing nothing.

When I asked him what was going on, he responded quite firmly, "I'm the boss and bosses don't work."

Classic. Perhaps we need to work on our leadership lessons?

2 comments:

Family of Strength said...

That is HILARIOUS! I'm pretty sure you could write a book of "Benisms" and make a lot of money. It would be the perfect "take anywhere in your purse" book.

Steve said...

That is awesome. There's something very "Dilbert" about that comment. Love it.

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map