Sunday, June 7, 2009

Honeymoon over


About six weeks ago, we joined a gym. It was the perfect gym experience EVER! Why so perfect, you may ask. Because it was not yet built. So I could confidently say that I belonged to a gym, that I was going to get in shape, that I was commmitted to the health and well-being of my family. Several of my other friends signed up as well, and we talked about how excited we were for the opening of the gym, that new place where we were going to become workout queens.

Well, folks, the honeymoon is over. The aforementioned gym has opened. Yesterday, it kicked my proverbial bum with it's "Body Combat" class. Now I know why it bears the name combat. I feel like I seriously battled my flabby, out of shape self. Today my body refuses to move correctly, picking up Ben has become extremely difficult considering my arms and lats are perhaps permanently damaged. I may never be the same again. But I have to say I'm happy about it. It was time for this 32-year-old body to make some changes. Pain is a good thing, because it means there are changes afoot.

I'll keep you posted as to whether or not I become a gym rat. I am paying a monthly fee now, and my frugality will probably keep me going, even if the adrenaline doesn't. But I will admit I think I may be hooked. It's been a long time since I sweated so satisfyingly! (remember kickboxing at BYU, Amy?)

By the way, if you want some entertainment, aside from being painful, the class was probably hilarious to watch. I don't have a real great track record for my coordination or dancing ability.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

okay I'm in! Let's do the next body combat class together. I don't really feel the sweat when I'm swimming, and I want to SWEAT!

Knudson Family said...

He, he....yes, muscles may indeed be permanently damaged...Sam thought all the moves were pretty cool, though!

candy's clothes closet said...

You can do it Steph!! I'll just continue to ride my pedals 4 times a week along with some crunches and push -ups. You should be sure and take some before and after pics. However, I'm sure your before pics r better than my after pics. lol good luck u can do it!!!

amydear said...

Is that me, Amy? Because I do remember that fun step class I did with you where she threw in some other stuff. But if it's another Amy, then I just feel silly. I am addicted to exercise! Love it.

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map