I figured since it's almost Christmas, I should put up some photos from Thanksgiving. We had such a nice long weekend in Royal Oaks with Ryan's family. The weather was beautiful, the company was fabulous, and the food was delicious and plentiful. Here are a few favorite pics:

Steph and her boys in old town Monterey. We haven't ever spent much time walking around there, but we took the chance to this time and it was absolutely gorgeous.

Todd and Ben check out the leopard shark at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. This was a very fun trip to the aquarium. For the first time, they were more interested in the actual fish displays than they were in the kid play zone (though they did have a great time there as well). Sharks are high are their list of cool animals. We also enjoyed the seahorse exhibit--they are amazing!

Ben in an old tree stump next to the custom house in old town Monterey

At the Monterey Maritime Museum

Love this picture of silly Ben. At the airport as we were flying out. We uncharacteristically had almost two hours to just wait. Usually we're screeching in and hoping to make the plane. Perhaps we're turning over a new leaf in our old age.

We showed up at about 3:00 in the afternoon to dinner mostly cooked on the outdoor barbecue. Delicious, delicious. Thanks, Glenn and Kathy!

Ryan's mom has an amazing skill at avoiding the camera. She has honed it into an artform, so I just had to share one of the few pictures I got with her in it. Look at that delicious-looking tri-tip. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Todd in front of the sweet harpoon gun at the maritime museum. Deadly looking, it was.
1 comment:
I can't believe you were in Monterey over Thanksgiving! We just moved here and Darren came down for that weekend. I guess you were busy with family but it would have been great to catch up!
Post a Comment