I was chatting with my sister today about our cousin-twin boys. She casually mentioned that Kyle's feet have been growing like a mad man and she's having a hard time keeping the kid in shoes.
I said, "That's funny. Todd's feet haven't really been growing at all. But I do need to get him some new shoes for the summer so he can go sockless and stop destroying pair after pair of socks."
Fast forward a few hours to some family birthday shopping for moi (happy birthday to me). We were in an sporting establishment which just so happened to have the shoes I had in mind for my little men. So I asked the friendly try-on man if he would measure Todd's feet. "Sure. What size has he been wearing?"
"Um. . .I think size 2, maybe 2.5" I said.
So he measured the feet in question and gave me a look meant for a crazy-mommy-lady. "Looks like he's measuring a size 5 or 5.5"
Yep. I'm that cool.
He hasn't even complained, seriously. Well, he complains that he hates to tie his shoes, but about the fact that his shoes were 2 sizes too small (I checked and his tennies are actually size 3)? Nope. Not once.
So, if you ever find yourself in this situation, here's what you should do:
- Repeat aloud ten times "You are an awesome mom."
- Smile, because seriously it's kind of funny to miss stuff like that.
- Then go order some shoes off Zappos.com (sorry shoe-measuring man. They're too expensive in your store and you don't have any cool colors).

2 comments:
first off, Happy Birthday! Second, what shoes are you looking for? REI had some great summer sport shoes on sale. Third, the same thing happened to Gretchen once where she was 2 sizes off with one of her boys. Doesn't it make you feel FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC! :) Although, I do think you and Gretchen are both very cool moms, so there's gotta be something to that, right?
I think feet can grow very very quickly. And Jillian wears shoes that are size 3 all the way to size 4.5. And you are an awesome mom, really. I mean it.
Post a Comment