Monday, March 10, 2008

The Rules of FHE

We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight. Afterward, we went to sit in the living room so they could share a message. Benny jumped up and said, "Yeah, scipchew (scripture) night!" and he ran and got our family home evening blanket (we have an FHE blanket that we always sit on for family night).

We got it all set up and then Elder Hamilton started giving the message. Benny stood in the middle of the blanket with his little fists clenched, face brilliant red, screaming, "NO." Then he proceeded to fall down and cry. Elder Hamilton was a bit concerned.

I said, "Benny, what's wrong?"

"Song," he sobbed.

I guess we had started family home evening off all wrong. We always start with a song. So I said, "OK, you pick the song."

"Snowman," he sobbed.

So we all started to sing, but got another lashing out when we weren't standing up, "UP," he screamed.

So we finally got going. Half way through he broke down crying, "I can't even stand up." And he fell over in tears. Such a sad beginning to family night.

1 comment:

dmorganfam said...

That is so funny. It sounds so much like Ady. Every week for FHE we have to do things just so for her as well. He song that she always wants us to sing isnt even a church song, but we sing it first and then a church song. (Its the theme song for Wonder Pets)

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map