I hate potty training. If you missed that, let me repeat it again. I HATE POTTY TRAINING. Capitals mean yelling, right? Then, you got my point clearly. I meant to yell. I'd rather yell into my computer than yell at my three year old. . .again.
I thought we had it licked a couple weeks ago. While at my parent's house, completely out of his element, Ben had two straight days of complete dryness/cleanness with NO accidents. Now that we're home, back in our routine, right in the middle of all our own stuff, we have had seven accidents in the last two days. Two of them involved poop. How much do I love cleaning poop out of underoos? Not much.
It really would be better if he hadn't put that tantalizing carrot in front of my face. If he had just consistently had accident after accident with no success, I would know that he wasn't ready, and I would back off yet again. But, oh no. I know he can do it. So that just makes spending that $10 on another bag of pull ups all the more frustrating.
So I'm blogging my frustration to the great big world of cyberspace in an attempt to keep it in perspective. Ben will be potty trained. It will happen soon. And it will be a beautiful day. Until then I will smile. I will laugh. I will bravely swish poop-laden undies in the toilet. I will love my three year old regardless of his lack of potty-trainedness.
(Side note. . .Todd just walked up behind me as I was typing this. "Gross mom," he said, "I just read that whole thing.")

8 comments:
Alright, the side note gave me a chuckle! I'm right with you, potty training stinks, big time. He WILL get there!
I agree with you, I HATE POTTY TRAINING!! A lot. If the underwear wasn't so darn expensive I would just throw the poop filled ones AWAY. I have before. We are going through it too, the potty training thing. We have had some good times and some bad. And I have yelled a bit...a lot! Hang in there, be persistant, and like me sometimes I have to pick him up and run to the bathroom. Hate it but he gets it, go pee in potty NOT the underwear. I have a few entries on my blog too about frustrations with potty training. We can get through it together.
The only thing I have to look forward to with Emmi's potty training is that it couldn't POSSIBLY be more dramatic than Lizzie and her two year plan. Maybe Ben & Lizzie could have a little support group for each other . . .? And hey---isn't that great that Todd can read? :)
The day will come when there are no more bums to wipe and no more underwear to swish. It will come sooner than you could ever imagine. It seems like only yesterday that Briley was giving me potty training nightmares. Now our family is complete and the last child is potty trained. Believe me someday soon you'll be saying goodbye and leaving him at kindergarten. Until then hang in there and remember there are mommys everywhere doing this very same thing. Gross as it maybe. You can't see me but I'm smiling and missing you right now. I also remember a time when I was ready to pay anyone who was willing to potty train my girls. love ya
I'm going to have to send my sister in law Krysta to this entry - she is very ready to have her little Natalie done with the diapers. Why is it that moms and kids aren't always on the same page on this issue? :) They love the convenience of diapers, but we love the convenience of toilets. I guess it is all about perspective.
I HATE IT too! I really feel for you. I am potty training BO right now and am having just as much success as you it sound like! What worked for Rylee was cleaning up her own accidents and while she wasn't looking I would clean over it so it was really clean. Then I would run her back and fourth to the bathroom and the location of her accident and she was cured of ALL accidents in less then a week. I haven't tried too much with BO since he is only just 2, but I am about ready to myself. Good luck with everything! (:
I feel your pain sister! I love children, but potty training is VERY good birth control! I think I've finally potty trained Carter, that little stinker, he's been my hardest and I don't look forward to potty training Wade.
Poor Steph.... I feel for you. I just hope that you don't have the fun that I am dealing with a Kindergartner who still has issues with peeing her pants numerous times a day. I swear I could SCREAM- I'm so sick of finding stinky dried peed in panties lying in a corner or hidden under a bed!!!!!!!
Post a Comment