My Dad's birthday is on Christmas day, so luckily we get to share it with him at least every other year. I just thought I'd give a shout out to my Dad and the great father and grandfather he is.
Dad has worked hard for his family for years. He went to college later in life and worked about a thousand jobs to put himself through college while raising a family (a double shout out to my mom for this, too). I'm sure this was a tough time for both of them, but I only remember it as a great accomplishment that we were all proud of. They always encouraged us to get all the education we could, so there was no question whether I would go to college later in life. I owe much of my diploma to my parent's belief that I could do whatever I dreamed.
Dad and Mom have had a bit of a rough year as the economy hit hard in Boise like it did everywhere else. But I have been grateful for his example of perseverance and service as they've made it through.
Dad is a great grandpa. He can fix anything. Whenever anything breaks majorly at our house, my kids confidently say that Grandpa can fix it. Most people move couches and tables to redecorate, but when I was little and we needed rearranging, Dad moved walls and doors. His yard is a thing of beauty. He recently took up bread baking and he and my mom became master canners and food preservers.
Thanks for being a great Dad and Happy Birthday! May this year bring great things.

1 comment:
looks so yummy
Post a Comment