We spent a great afternoon at Red Rock Canyon with my parents and Ryan's dad during the week after Christmas. I always love getting my boys away from all their various screens and out in nature. It brings out their best selves. Todd was an explorer, climbing high peaks with Grandpa Kevin. He had a small near-slip which brought his heart rate up and gave him a healthy dose of caution for the rest of the day. Ben never felt any caution whatsoever and was like a perpetual motion machine. I finally had to get him off the rocks and down exploring through the canyons before he gave me and Grandma a heart attack. Grandpa Glenn was a trooper, climbing with the big boys even on very sore knees. He's always good for a laugh and even captured a great picture of the coolest gold jacket I have ever seen.
There are moments when Las Vegas is too much for me, but hiking on December 30 without getting frostbite was a pretty good deal.
Grandma Cheri, Grandpa Kevin, Todd, and Ben after several long hours of hiking

No comments:
Post a Comment