Monday, May 26, 2008

Legoland

Overall, Legoland was a fun adventure. I have to say I wouldn't go if I didn't have a good coupon. Paying $50 a pop would be too expensive for this super cheap mom. But, with a good deal it was definitely worth it. Todd really enjoyed it and would continue to do so for quite a few years.

We started the day off with a car racing class. We got to design and build lego cars and then race them on tracks against the other kids in the class. Todd did a great job and learned a few things about slope, velocity, weight, and the fact that legos fall apart if rammed in to other legos at high speed.

We spent the rest of the day trying out the rides. The highlight for Todd was the car roller coaster (he's a coaster junkie like his mom). The major low point for Ben was the pirate water ride. Each boat had water guns and there were more water guns off to the side of the ride that passersby could aim at you. For some reason, my 2-year-old looked like a prime target. He got soaked. I blocked him as best I could with my body, but he was screaming bloody murder by the time we got off that ride. You can't win them all.

On Tuesday morning we hit the beach for an hour of waves (chilly waves they were) and then another dip in the condo pool. It was a great weekend. Thanks, Sarah and girls for the planning and persuasion!

No comments:

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map