Sunday, October 26, 2008

So, it turned out better than the first picture would indicate.  We had a great time at Disneyland.  Thanks, Kathy and Glenn for a fun family weekend.  Our sister-in-law, Lucy, was with us, along with her 2-year-old Filipe.  We were half expecting Lucy to deliver her second baby sometimes during our stay, but it didn't happen.  Brandon was being a responsible adult and working while we all played.  Also, Ryan's younger siblings Ashley and Jordan came along.  We had a great time, with an occasional bit of drama.  My pictures wouldn't pop up in the right order, so don't expect a chronological tour.  We spent Monday and Tuesday at the parks.  We stayed all day both days, from 10:00-8:00.  Ben fell asleep to the world the first night and we couldn't even get him to wake up to change clothes and take a bath.  I was a little grossed out, but figured I could loosen up once in a while.  Todd was a trooper and hoofed it all the way home with only a wee bit of complaining.  The second night, Ben was running on his fourth wind and he couldn't stop talking until his clean bathed head hit the pillow.  Then he was out like a light.  We had a great time and can't wait for October 2010. (ugh...that sounds like an awfully long ways away).


This is a very happy Ben moment--the morning after two days of Disney just lounging at the pool
No lounging allowed for Grandpa.  Todd was a little attack monkey.  But Grandpa thrashed him around with some washing machine action, so it turned out fair and square.
The turning point in the trip for Ben was hanging out with Grandpa.  Seen here on the last ride of the trip, Autopia.  Ben was a horrible driver.
What?  A ride together?  He was even a gentleman and let me drive. 
Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters.  Very fun ride.  Ryan and Glenn were just like two little kids.  I did, by the way, kick Ryan's trash this round (granted he took me on the Toy Story ride earlier in the day)
"Dad, you are so cool.  Let me tell you about my great day."
"Arrrgghhhh, matey.  I'm stuck in a ball of bones."
Evidence of the McMillan tendency to only produce males.  Cousin Filipe with Todd, Ben, Grandma, and Grandpa.  Wonder what Jeremy and Liz will end up with?
Another fun shot of Ryan and Ben.  Waiting for the parade.
Waiting for the play parade in California Adventure
Ben in the California Adventure Ranger Course
Todd eating his "Corn Cow".  Really, it's just too big to be classified as a corn dog.  Disgusting.
We loved this sign in the streets of the Hollywood backlot.  "Ben Hair"--perhaps only a McMillan can fully appreciate just how important it is to consider one's hair.


Todd and Dad queue up for California Screamin--simply the best roller coaster I've ever ridden. Todd's favorite thrill ride.

4 comments:

Amber said...

First off, HI! Its been ages. How are you!? I'm glad you found me on here so that I can see what you are up to. Secondly, I'm SO jealous of the Disneyland trip. Matt & I have been talking about taking the kids for over a year now. Hopefully when Aeron gives up that second nap? Or not. ;) Glad to see you, even if it is online. You look great!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

SWEEEEEEET!! OK, so your pictures really make me want to go to Disneyland afterall. Thanks a lot! :) I LOVED the corn cow. Is that a Todd-ism? Classic. Some great shots of happy times with Glenn & Kathy. Glad you guys got a break from your Vegas busy times.
Hopefully we'll see you soon!

Family of Strength said...

Your trip looked like tons of fun. Todd, maybe we'll beable to join you another time!

InkMom said...

The first time we took the boys to Disney, the twins were almost 2. I was sure they were going to hate it and boy was I ever wrong. We only spent a day there, but it was the happiest day of their little lives up to that point. After they saw Mickey in the parade, G-Dog waved his arms and yelled (around his pacifier), "Mickey car come back!" over and over again. Remembering this stuff makes me feel a little less anxious about our upcoming trip in January . . . your experience gives me hope!

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map