An epiphany is defined as: the sudden realization or comprehension of the essence or meaning of something.
I keep having them--moments when things are crystal clear. Then I lose those moments and need reminding. I had such a moment last week. I realized clearly why Heavenly Father has not sent me six children. I think perhaps this epiphany is one I will remember?
I watched my darling nieces and nephew for 2 days and nights while my brother and his wife went to a little convention here in good ole' Vegas. 2 + 4 = 6 crazy kids. I sure love them, but multiplying my own brood by 3 was quite the reality check! It was crazy, it was loud, and my two-year-old niece has boundless energy and ability to get into stuff of all kinds.
But, all that aside, I really loved having them here. I have such fond memories of cousin time (playing gopher patrol with Heather, climbing haystacks, learning to shuffle cards, riding tojo's, staying up late into the night). I love it when my kids can have great times with their cousins. Those memories last forever.
We had minimal tears, no blood incidents, and only an occasional scuffle (none of which involved fists, hooray!) We adjusted our table to its full length and used all our kitchen chairs for a change. It was great fun.
Aubs and I did a sewing project together--that 10-year-old is already developing some mad sewing skills. She is also mighty helpful. Then the 8-year-olds wondered why Aubs got a cool pillow and they didn't, which was followed in turn by the younger set, so my one pillow project turned into a seven pillow project. Fun stuff.
We'll have to do it again soon.









6 comments:
Stephanie, you are awesome and your nieces and nephew will always remember the fun times you had together! You would be a wonderful mother of 6 or 9 or 2. Any children who get to be in your home are blessed.
Great pics! That last one cracks me up. You are awesome to sew all those pillows!!!
man that camera is cool! and so are you, AUnt Tet! Thanks a bajillion million times for taking on that full house just so Scott and I could have alone time. Super amazing that you also squeezed in that pillow factory project :) Love you crazy auntie!
How fun! I wanna be your niece and get a pillow too!
Steph, you are sooo awesome! We should start a crazy Auntie Club! And then you can teach me how to be as cool as you. ;)
Love and miss you!!!
I like your bangs. And I'm sure you could handle six kids, because you are a very competent person. J has been asking me for another pillow on her bed (because for some reason 4 is not enough -- and 15 stuffed animals), so we might just have to get out the sewing machine.
Post a Comment