Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cookies

I've had some requests for the yummy mint chocolate cookie sandwiches I made for Enrichment last week. Thanks to my NC friend, Emily, for the original cookie recipe, and to Nabisco for the inspiration to create a delicious mint filling.


Chewy Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches

2 ½ sticks butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¾ cup cocoa

Mix ingredients together
Refrigerate for ½ hour
Roll into balls and dip in sugar
Bake at 350 for 9 minutes
Will be a bit puffy and cracked on top and will fall when you take them from the oven—be careful not to overcook.

Filling: 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup cream cheese, 2 Tbsp cream, about 4 cups powdered sugar, mint (or vanilla) flavor, food coloring. Cream items together to desired consistency, and enjoy.

Spread between two cookies. For a fun flair, use some icing in a cake decorating bag to create designs on top, them sprinkle with colored sugar.

5 comments:

Family of Strength said...

Move over food network here comes Stephanie!!!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

Seriously sweet cookie photography goin on, Steph. Niiice! Can't wait to be served these soon! :)

candy's clothes closet said...

Hey girl, sounds delicious. How much mint flavoring do you put in the filling? I think I'd love to give these a try.

InkMom said...

I must say I'm grateful for your little spin on this recipe . . . most definitely improved by the addition of mint frosting!

amydear said...

Oooh, I need these. But not until after Christmas. I hope I can resist until then!

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map