Sunday, December 7, 2008

More Funny Ben

I know my last post was about funny Ben, but here are a few more tidbits.  Todd is equally fun to be around, but he's grown past the stage of saying hilarious things.

Yesterday afternoon, I was upstairs sewing and the three boys were downstairs rough-housing and playing some version of hide-and-seek, more like run-and-attack.  Anyway, I heard Ben say, "Hey, Bishop, come get me."
To which Ryan replied, "What?"
"Bishop. Over here."
Then, later, Ben was sitting at the table and I walked by, "Mom, the Bishop and Todd are teasing me."
We're not sure where he developed this fondness for calling his dad Bishop, but it is quite funny.

Today in church Ben decided that he didn't want to go to nursery.  He has only done this one other time, the day Ryan was sustained as bishop, in fact.  So I decided to play it Mommy Cool and let him come with me to Sunday School.  My thinking was that it would take him about 1.5 minutes to decide my class was boring and he'd want to return to nursery.  Wrong.  He sat and listened to the lesson and read his Friend magazine.  One brother made a comment.  Ben's little head perked up and he grinned, "That man just said yada, yada, yada.  That's funny."  I tried to take him back to singning time training in the "big kid primary" but he pitched a bloody fit so I dragged him screaming with me to teach my Young Women's lesson.  We were talking about careers while he drew Star Wars ships.  I casually said, "Ben wants to be a Star Wars animator when he grows up."  He looked at me, rolled his eyes, and said, "I want to be a Clone Trooper when I grow up."  I stand corrected.

Tonight, we attended the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.  With about five minutes left and President Monson speaking, Ben says, "I don't want to watch this show.  I don't like it."  Classic.

Benny keeps us on our toes.  

1 comment:

InkMom said...

You're right . . . he is hilarious.

One good thing about east coast time is that our kids are asleep by the time the Christmas Devotional begins. Nice.

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map