Monday, December 15, 2008

SNOW!!!!!






It was lightly raining at our house this morning when my friend Rachel called to inform me it was snowing at her house in Summerlin (across town).  By noon, she had convinced me to load up the kids for some fun snow time.  I'll have to admit that althought I rarely question Rachel's intelligence, I was a bit skeptical of this one.  "Probably a little dusting of snow hardly worthy of collecting my snow gear," I thought.  But we went, and our pictures are proof that occasionally it does snow in Las Vegas.  
So all y'all who have been touting your "first snows" and fancy "snowman building days," can just move right on over, because the McMillans have arrived.  We have to give the credit for Hawaiian snow lady to Livi and Rachel.  Todd was more interested in snowball fights, snow angels,  and rolling the largest grass covered snowmound (not caught on film).  It was a great day.  
For those of you who are faithful readers of my blog, note little Livi's pink cheeks.  She looked super cute/perky today and is even starting to grow back some hair.  It was great to spend some time with our friends today.  Thanks, Rachel, Livi, and Aaron for a fun snow day.

5 comments:

InkMom said...

Do you remember Todd's comments when you left NC for NV? And now you're the ones getting snow and we're not.

Maybe if you move back, we'll get snow, too?

candy's clothes closet said...

how funny. You posted snow pics before us. I love the palm trees covered in snow.

Jamie K said...

Vegas never ceases to amaze me. I love it! Love and miss you guys!

amydear said...

Wow! You got more snow than we did. Hope you had fun in it. Remember skiing at Brighton? Those were the days.

Lynnette said...

Hey Stephanie! Your blog is so cute. I'm glad I could look you up and see what you have been up to since those good ol days at Wymount! I can't believe all that snow in Vegas! Maybe Phoenix will be next. My kids would love it, but I could do without. That is why we live here, after all. We had our fill or snowy midwestern winters living 6 years between Ohio and Indiana! Give me sunshine and shorts in December, and I'll be happy!

Gopher Visitors


Visitor Map